Quality medical lab equipment plays an important role in accurate and timely diagnostic testing for quicker medical decision.However, purchasing advanced instruments is expensive, especially for laboratories with budget constraints.Reagent rental programs offer the solution to this issue.A convenient reagent rental plan allows the lab to get the advanced equipment they need without having to pay for it upfront.
How a Reagent Rental Program Works
This type of rental program is a Cost per Agreement (CPT) plan based on the minimum number of tests that need to be conducted per month.The capital costs for the equipment are included in the cost of the reagents and spread out over the period of the agreement.
This type of rental plan that is tied to reagent supply is a great option for clinical labs in hospital laboratories, physician practices and blood banks.As the cost of the instrument is spread out over the agreement period, this arrangement allows labs the opportunity to get the quality equipment they need in exchange for assured reagent purchase during the stated period.
Benefits of Opting for Reagent Rentals
Most of the clinical labs with budget constraints are in crisis when they are in need of expensive equipment to carry out their laboratory practices.They may have to postpone equipment purchase owing to the difficulty of making a huge down payment.With a user-friendly reagent rental plan, they do not have to put their operations on hold.The main benefits of a reagent-linked rental plan for laboratory equipment are:
- The lab can acquire quality lab equipment without any huge one-time financial commitment
- Convenient monthly payments
- Access to the latest technology
- Avoid bank loans and further complications
- Agreement costs include reagents, consumables and service
- Onsite training is usually provided at the time of install
- Improved turnaround time
- Reduced costs per test with superior analytic equipment
- Better patient care with minimal investment
- Allows the lab to update technology frequently
- The equipment can be replaced when the contract ends
- Avoid issues associated with using outdated equipment
- Better balance sheets and better overall output
In these financially trying times, such reagent rental programs are feasible options for labs of all sizes.Convenient plans are available even for top brands of immunoassay and chemistry analyzers such as Beckman Coulter, DPC/Siemens, and Tosoh.To ensure a good deal, make sure you contract with an established and trustworthy lab equipment supplier.