Lee Holmes from SuperCharged Foods is a nutritionist, author, and chef. She realized that many of us are living a time-poor and work orientated existence and set about making recipes not only classic and elegant but also simple, quick and easy to prepare to enable everyone to cook nutritious meals from scratch without having to be a Cordon Bleu chef. All her recipes contained in Supercharged Food are gluten, wheat, (mostly) dairy, yeast and sugar-free and fortunately don’t taste like cardboard so are suitable for the whole family. And the great thing about her recipes is that they can be customized to your own taste and dietary requirements as there is no one size fits all when it comes to food. Download Lee’s latest eBook now for free — Healthy Holiday Hacks
If you had the choice to have chocolate for breakfast or not have chocolate for breakfast, which would you choose? To chocolate, or not to chocolate – that is the question!
The answer is chocolate. Always chocolate. If you’re as obsessed with chocolate and berries as I am (because of all the antioxidants… right?), this is the spoonable smoothie for you for the holidays.
Antioxidant Recipe: Chocolate & Raspberry Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 125 g (4 1/2 oz/1 cup) raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon Love Your Gut powder (www.superchargeyourgut.com)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 130 g (4 1/2 oz/1/2 cup) sheep’s milk yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/1/2 cup) almond milk or milk of your choice
- To top (your choice):
- edible flowers, passionfruit, Lilly pilly berries, banana, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, almonds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), chia seeds, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, granola and/or nut butter
- Whiz all the ingredients except the toppings in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. The mixture should have a spoonable consistency.
- Pour into two bowls and decorate with your chosen topping(s).